Monday, May 4, 2009

Pressing Toward the Goal


Relevant Bible Verses:-

1) Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

2) Phil 3:13 Brothers, I do not account of myself to have laid hold; but one thing I do: Forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before,

3) Phil 3:14 I pursue toward the goal for the prize to which God in Christ Jesus has called upward. Let us therefore, as many as are full-grown, have this mind; and if in anything you are otherwise minded, this also God will reveal to you. Nevertheless whereunto we have attained, by the same rule let us walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been pretty busy lately and was not able to up-date my blog. But I know I have a "race" to run for the ultimate goal. This article is probably issued at the most appropriate timing as I am also in the "race" along with many Christians around the world. Therefore, we must all "press on".

Even though Paul had experienced and gained Christ exceptionally, he was not afraid to admit he was still struggling to attain the full knowledge of Christ in perfection. However, despite of his imperfection, he continued to encourage the believers to focus on the race in Christ (Phil 3:12).

As Christians, pursuing after Christ should and must be our life primary goal. We cannot be otherwise minded. Walking closer with God will not only make us understand and discern what is right and what is wrong and what is imperative, but will also allow God to align our mind to His centre core economy plan, a mind focused on the pursuing of Christ.

This attractive and deceptive material world can easily distract many Christians from focusing on God’s goal. We need to pursue God’s unique goal and His plan for us so that we will not be distracted, holding on to the unshakable foundation of truth. In Phil 3:13, Paul warned us of the danger of holding on to the “things of the past”. Dwelling on our past experiences can frustrate us from moving forward to the things which are before us.

Lets us continue to pursue toward God’s unique goal and the prize – Christ for our ultimate enjoyment and full knowledge of Christ in maturity.

No comments: